This position reports to the
The Universal Banker position is a generalist position that combines the traditional roles of customer service, teller, and sales within Peoples Bank. The Universal Banker is responsible for conducting daily transactions in addition to the sales and servicing of all bank products and services. The Universal Banker provides operational support and exceptional customer service while maintaining essential controls and safeguards.
- Perform all branch operational procedures to include, but not be limited to, check cashing, deposit taking, account opening, debit card issuance, branch opening and closing, audit requirements, compliance requirements, vault and ATM management, and other such functions.
- Performs both the traditional ‘sales’ and ‘teller/CSR’ functions within the branch.
- Identify sales opportunities, deepen existing relationships, and grow the branch.
- In collaboration with branch management and internal business partners, uncover needs and make referrals to cross-sell products and services such as new accounts, online banking services, and loans.
- Engage in defined sales activities to include uncovering customer needs, offering solutions, closing the business, follow-up, and recording each point of customer contact in the conversation log.
- Participate in team meetings, contribute toward branch goals, and celebrate team successes.
Deliver an exceptional customer experience every time by:
- Making a personal connection with every customer.
- Uncovering their financial needs through meaningful discussion and exploration.
- Making educated product and service recommendations based on expert knowledge of same.
- Providing financial solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Following up to ensure satisfaction.
- The Universal Banker is responsible for understanding and following all federal and regulatory policies and for the compliance of all direct reports.
- The Universal Banker must understand the significant control procedures and compliance policies related to day-to-day duties. All control procedures that this position has responsibility for accomplishing, as well as those for which it has direct oversight, will be accomplished according to policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a good understanding of the bank’s products and services.
- Able to quickly learn all functionalities and related benefits inherent in the products and services offered by the Bank.
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Flexible with the willingness and ability to adapt to change.
- Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications.This includes the basics of texting, email and application management.
- Proficient with desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient using the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search for and locate information.
- Eager to embrace new and emerging technologies.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively, is an active listener, seeks clarification when necessary, writes clearly and concisely, participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes toward an energetic, positive team environment. Works well with others as a member of a team.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner seeking assistance as necessary, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, uses sound judgement, holds oneself accountable for decisions made.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience working directly with the public is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- May need to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Employees will be required to wear Logo Wear from a pre-selected option of color and style. There will be a set allowance for Logo Wear that the bank will purchase for each Universal Banker. If a Logo Wear jacket or cardigan are worn, the under shirt should be black, gray, white or the bank green. Pants will need to be dress pants in black, gray, tan or brown. On Friday and Saturday’s khakis can be worn.
- A neat, clean appearance with appropriate attire for the job you are doing is required and critical to the impression we make on customers. Both dress and jewelry should lean on the conservative side. You may be asked to remove pierced jewelry should it become offensive to customers and coworkers. No tattoo shall be visible to customers or co-workers.
- Shorts, ‘skorts’ ,t-shirts, tank-tops, sweatshirt-type clothing and athletic style clothing should not be worn. Denim jeans will be allowed on designated jean days.